Re: [Spridgets] PCV

To: Andy Webster <a_d_webster@yahoo.com.au>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] PCV
From: <uniquelittlecars@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 17:03:44 -0700 (PDT)
The easiest way to vent the system and looks really great is to go out and buy
an EMPI breather set. (I got mine on ebay) Put one fitting in the cover where
the mechanical fuel pump goes and the other into the valve cover and put on a
sealed oil cap. I don't have the timing cover with the breather on it, I don't
like the looks of it.

  Vigil

Andy Webster <a_d_webster@yahoo.com.au> wrote:
  Greetings,
I probably should have asked this much earlier....but oh well..

My 1275, now has a belt drive cam...and thus no crankcase breather on the
timing cover.. and of course no side covers and no breather there.

There is however, a breather on the valve cover.

Considering that the 1098 sucks air out of the crankcase, just above the
lifters, and the pushrod holes are quite open.. I figure I should be able to
vent the engine sufficiently via the breather on the rocker cover.. but i may
want to widen the tiny hole (~2mm - 3mm now) in the breather pipe.

Has anyone done this and found it to be succesful or otherwise?

Cheers
Andy
(should be at All-British Display right now...but..."needs must, when the Devil
vomits into your kettle".....or jams your ribcase in first... whichever the
case may be.)

Sick of deleting your inbox? Yahoo!7 Mail has free unlimited storage. Get it
now.