Re: [Spridgets] PCV

To: <uniquelittlecars@yahoo.com>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] PCV
From: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 08:02:51 -0500
I am going to disagree with Frank. I think you should attach a right-angle
connection on your fuel pump blanking plate and bring a hose up through an
aftermarket PCV valve to manifold vacuum or to the Y hose between the carbs
if you have that, leave the carefully metered orifice on the valve cover
intact and attach a fuel filter to it. This orifice was intended to be the
inlet for the PCV system so this will preserve the original engineering as
much as possible. Once you destroy that orifice, you will never get it back.
It would be nice if there were an oil vapor separator between the crankcase
and the carbs... let me know if you come up with something.
David Lieb