Re: [Spridgets] Le Macchine d'Italia (No LBC)

To: Billy Zoom <billyzoom@billyzoom.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Le Macchine d'Italia (No LBC)
From: Jim Johnson <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 2 May 2009 13:06:57 -0500
Set up for legal entry into the US it was $2,500...   It wasn't THAT cheap
for its day!  Plenty of other cars cost less....   Top end was 85 to 90.
Not that slow!  The Spyder had a 903cc engine and 49 HP.  I have to say that
little rear engine 850 Coupe looked sharp and was a ball to drive through
the Alps and across Europe. It was just piss poor quality.  But then, a
friend bought the twin cam 124 Spyder and the quality of that car and all
the 500s I ever saw was piss poor too. Nice styling and fun driving even
though they weren't terribly quick, but the company had huge quality issues
in those days.  I am just hoping they are better now because I have
reliability concerns about running a Fiat car in rural America. How long
will they last when run here in the western High Plains at 65-70mph most of
the time and 20K miles a year in an extreme climate (compared to Italy)? I
guess we're gonna find out...

Cheers!!
Jim

--