Re: [Spridgets] 1275 pressure plate question

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] 1275 pressure plate question
From: Marc <smarc@smarc.net>
Date: Thu, 07 May 2009 00:08:47 -0400
Ok, I have a spare clutch kit I can install if needed. The 'free pedal'
concept makes sense to me. I'm guessing that there is some difference in
my replacement slave cylinder, with the result effectively being that my
push rod is now too long, keeping the TO bearing in contact with the
diaphragm and causing an overthrow condition.

In order to obtain the free pedal and appropriate TO bearing clearance,
I suppose I'll need to shorten the push rod by some fractional
increment(s) until I have it right.

Hopefully, it's as simple as gaining the clearance necessary  and there
"should" be ample  travel left for proper disengagement? Um, how far is
too far (overthrow condition)?

--

Marc