Re: [Spridgets] NY Plates

To: Kathryn Bales <kgb@frontiernet.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] NY Plates
From: Brad Fornal <tequila.brad@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 05:47:49 -0500
As some of you may know, I listen to bands that no one has ever heard of.
This story reminds me of one such band. Brian Henneman used to play with
alt/country legend Uncle Tupelo (with Jeff Tweedy now of Wilco, and Jay
Farrar now of Son Volt). He went on to form The Bottle Rockets. On their
disc The Brooklyn Side, he had a song about such a cop that a band member
had a run in with. The song is called Radar Gun, and if you can find it, it
is well worth the listen.
"Straight from 12th grade to the Junior College
Buddy, buddy, buddy, I passed my exam
Making me a law enforcement person
Got me a gun and a badge, I'm a man"

Brad

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 8:39 PM, Kathryn Bales <kgb@frontiernet.net> wrote:

> Yup. I was pulled over by a Commune of Eugene traffic cop who asked what
> kind of stickers I had. Somehow, I don't think "Valid ones" was the answer
> he wanted.  Next he asked what state issued them. I politely replied
> "Oregon", which was another answer he didn't seem to like. He went back to
> his motorcycle and kept his dispatcher busy looking up regulations for the
> next 45 minutes. Then he came back and asked where I was going and proceeded
> to tell me that driving the car to a shop to get the brakes worked on was
> not allowed under the statute. That's cool, I can drive it without brakes.
> Next he asked what my odometer showed, and checked himself, since an obvious
> criminal type such as myself would probably lie. Before he left, he told me
> that the next time he saw me driving the MG, he would be checking the
> mileage.
>
> Kate
>
>>     Has anyone ever been pulled over and had the officer check his
>>     ODOMETER?

DON JULIO 1942

www.myspace.com/tequilabrad