Re: [Spridgets] God must not want me to convert to wire wheels.

To: "CosmicMag1380" <cosmicmag1380@gmail.com>, "Spridgets"
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] God must not want me to convert to wire wheels.
From: "Dean Hedin" <dlh2001@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 19:52:22 -0400
I might mount them myself.

I have a set of good tire irons.  I worked at a motorcycle shop during summers
in high school.
I mounted plenty of tires back then.

I even thought of dismounting the nice set of low mileage Dunlop SP4's I have
on the disc
wheels presently.

But then I thought if I put new rubber on the wires then, if I had any issues,
I could quickly
switch back to the disc wheels in a pinch.   And, although the SP4's are in
perfect condition,
they are over 10 years old.  My experience is that old tires tend to seperate
some rubber
from the bead because they tend to stick to the rim when you dismount them.

BTW, does everyone  know the "DIY method" to break the bead on an already
mounted tire?
You remove the valve to let out all the air and then you set the tire/wheel
flat on the pavement.
You then drive over just the tire portion with another vehicle's tire (being
careful not to hit the rim)
Along with the tire irons, that is how I dismounted all the junk tires from the
wire wheels
when I first got them.

But of course, this was all long after the concept was nixed by the supreme
being.