Re: [Spridgets] God must not want me to convert to wire wheels.

To: CosmicMag1380 <cosmicmag1380@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] God must not want me to convert to wire wheels.
From: derf <derf247@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 09:02:34 -0600
On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 12:39 AM, CosmicMag1380 <cosmicmag1380@gmail.com>
wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 10:18 PM, Dean Hedin <dlh2001@comcast.net> wrote:
>  ..and I am not even at the point of "find good place to mount tires
> to wheels" yet.

I've mounted them myself.  I have some motorcycle spoons, though.  It
isn't hard.  I stuffed 175/70s on there and liked the results.

Here in town there is "a guy" who can do wires properly.  If I had a
Jag or something with expensive wires, I'd take them to him.  The guy
is actually the owner of a pretty big outfit.  He doesn't do any other
labor.  When someone brings in wires he puts on a jumpsuit over his
business attire and goes to work.

If you don't have "a guy" in your town and don't want to do them
yourself, then find a good motorcycle shop.  Cycle Gear is a chain.
They do many motorcycle tires so they are used to spokes and thin
rims.  They also do low profile crotch rocket tires on alloy wheels
which are a royal pain because they don't stretch easily.  So, they
can probably get it done for a minimal cost and they are used to
working spoked wheels.

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive