[Spridgets] Weber 40 Carburetor to manifold gasket.

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Weber 40 Carburetor to manifold gasket.
From: "Colin Dodds" <colin@spriteparts.com.au>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 06:57:50 +1000
G'day all

I don't know why some of you guys are having problems with soft mount kits.
I've used them on road and race engines for 30 years and never a failure.  One
of my race cars has had the same two sets on it (8-port cross-flow) for 8
years with no drama.

There are a couple of different vairieties of soft mount kit, and perhaps
that's part of the problem.

One kit has two seperate nylon supports, one for each throat, with loose
O-rings fitted to grooves in the nylon.  Those kits are to be avoided.  Yes,
the O-rings break and the carby sucks air.

Much better are one piece fibrous plates with O-rings moulded in place.  The
O-rings are better supported, better protected, and will last "forever".  As
said above, in 30 years of using them, I've never had one failure.

avagoodday
Colin
www.SpriteParts.com.au

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html