Re: [Spridgets] Another British engine (not)

To: Spridgets List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Another British engine (not)
From: <bjshov8@tx.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 17:08:30 -0400
Suitable work trucks are still available, although I don't know what you have
to do to get one.

We had some work done on our house a couple of years ago and our carpenter had
a fairly new Ford pickup.  It was white, very plain, I don't think it even had
carpet.

I visit big construction sites occasionally and it seems that those guys all
have plain new pickup trucks.  Maybe they buy them as fleets.

A family that we know is in the ranching business.  They all drive very plain
3/4 ton trucks.  They buy them without beds and put their own beds on them.

> I've thought for some now that IF i was to need a truck for my business (I do
>not have a business.) I would seriously consider buying a good, semi-restored
>classic truck, a model with decent parts availability, and just keep fixing it
>forever.  SEMI-restored should make it noticeably cheaper to buy than a new
>truck, noticeably cheaper and easier to repair, and the right classic would
>get you noticed too ('free' advertising ;-)).

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums