Re: [Spridgets] It wasn't the Pertronix after all.

To: "'Billy Zoom'" <billyzoom@billyzoom.com>, "'Ron Soave'" <soavero@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] It wasn't the Pertronix after all.
From: "Dean Hedin" <dlh2001@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 22:08:01 -0400
Well, the rotors came tonight.  From what I can see they are exact
duplicates of the original Lucas rotor that I pulled from the junk box.

The only difference being they are molded of a modern red plastic that does
not have any carbon black in it.

This is a good idea for anyone who is running a sport coil or any other
ignition upgrade like MSD etc..  You got to make sure the rest of the system
is up to snuff, and the rotor appears to be a weak link.

I think the fact that I'm running .060 gap on the plugs probably put more
stress on things as well.  I might decrease that a bit.

But I have to admit the large gap and the home brewed MSD fires the car
right up and it idles without any choke, which I find amazing.   It will be
interesting to see if that holds as it get colder out.

Billy, if you have the narrow brass then it might be that you have a 6 cyl
rotor?