Re: [Spridgets] disconnecting front motor mounts?

To: I Erbs <eyera3@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] disconnecting front motor mounts?
From: BJNoSHOV8 <bjshov8@tx.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 18:56:45 -0600
Several of you guys have suggested this and it makes perfect sense.
While I was standing in front of the car contemplating the angles of the
studs, I thought perhaps I should pull the drivers side at the frame
just to make things simpler.

I've pulled a lot of engines while working in my dad's shop.  Most
engines in the old days just had one bolt through each mount.  Pull that
bolt and the mounts raise straight up.  The bolts hold the engines in
place but the weight is carried by direct contact.

I've seen photos of the mounts supporting my current V8, because lots of
people have had these mounts fail and have replaced them with something
else, but I didn't get a good feel for how these actually come apart.  I
don't think they are as simple as they should be because of the time
that it takes to change them.

> Pull the side with the steering shaft at the engine plate (2 bolts) and the
> side away from the shaft at the frame (4 bolts).

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums