[Spridgets] Bearings Replacement

Subject: [Spridgets] Bearings Replacement
From: bertshirey at zoominternet.net (Bert Shirey)
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 15:04:05 -0500
Ron and Guys,

 Thanks again. Ok, here is what I`m thinking before happy hour takes charge
here and I change my mind:

     I was getting no noticable knocking, vibration, or  oil pressure loss.
The soft non-magnetic debris is likely bearing material. I don`t think this
has been going very long.

     Depending on what I find in the pan, best case starting with #4, I`m
going to replace the rod big-end bearings with the best I can find. Those
are the most likely suspects. I`ll try pulling the #2 main for inspection.
If that`s Ok, best advice that the other mains are likely good as well
sounds fine to me. If not, I`ll have to think.

     Barring nothing else, I`ll clean out the sump and oil pump strainer and
whatever else I can reach, put it back together. Change the oil frequently
for a couple hundred easy miles and see what comes out.

    The oil analysis is a good idea, even for my daily drivers.

     Man, am I thankful for this list!

Bert