[Spridgets] Off Topic - Kindle

Subject: [Spridgets] Off Topic - Kindle
From: bkitterer at me.com (Kitterer Bob)
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 17:06:34 -0700
Hi Jay,

About a year ago I got a Kindle for Dolores.  I opted for the Kindle for the
following reasons:

1) She was only interested in books.
2) Kindle had no additional fees.
3) After reading a book you can store it on Amazons site releasing space on the
Kindle - but the Kindle will hold a lot of books so that is minor.

Good bad points
Have to have a light to read at night.

The Nook is in color but eats up 15 - 20 % of the screen with the navigational
bar at the bottom and was new in the market thus not tested yet.

iPad,  for us our computer and iPod touch does almost everything that the iPad
does so all the additional benefits were and still are not advantages for us.
However if your daughter is in school this may be the best bet.  A number of
schools are having students use only the iPad, all text books, exams, reports
are done on the iPad.  The Wifi version is competitively priced, the 3G version
is higher and has additional monthly fees.

This is in addition to Larry's comments.

Bob Kitterer

1960 Austin Healey Sprite (Mk IV in disguise) - in storage
1966 Austin Healey Sprite Mk III (Trevor) - still in boxes - in storage