[Spridgets] Source for Wire Wheels

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spridgets] Source for Wire Wheels
From: Bob Spruck <mgmaven@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 22:44:16 -0500
Well, my '73 Midget is close to being back on the road after a long
engine and hydraulic system rebuild. I do need new wire wheels as mine
were bent out of true when the local tire shop mounted them using the
wrong equipment and the tires are hard as rocks.

Who would you all recommend I buy the wire wheels from? Any bargains out
there? I hate to use VB or Moss just on general principles and Coker's
prices were way out of line. They did specify bands and tubes with the
painted wheels and neither with chrome wheels. The chrome wheels ended
up being cheaper than the painted ones with the bands and tubes. Seems
strange to me. Anybody know why chrome wheels don't need tubes and
painted ones do?

How about tires? The old ones are 175/70-13 BFG and they fit and looked
good and didn't rub on the RWAs.

Thanks in advance for your recommendations,

Bob

spridgets@autox.team.net

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive