Re: [Spridgets] Anybody have a dead ribcase out back?

To: David Booker <tncarnut1@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Anybody have a dead ribcase out back?
From: Rick Fisk <refisk@chartermi.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 09:52:05 -0400
Cc: spridget <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Hello David,

I believe the bolt you are referring to is the bolt that retains the
"anti-rattle" plunger and spring.  I don't have a spare the size you need, but
these parts can be left out and the trans will still work fine.  All they do
is stop the shifter from rattling.  They can be added later even with the
trans in the car.

Sent from my keyboard

On Sep 27, 2013, at 8:27 AM, David Booker <tncarnut1@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I need a part from a dead ribcase tranny. I'm in the process of swapping
mine
> out with another I bought because a tooth from my first gear decided a
> sedentary life amongst the dredges in the bottom of the box was more
alluring
> than the constant-motion life up near the top.
>
> Anyway. The tranny I bought
> is missing a little bolt on the driver side near the top of the rear
portion
> of the shifter remote linkage mechanism. The bolt has a very thin head on
it
> (as in it doesn't stick out very far from the surface it is threaded into)
The

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/refisk@chartermi.net

spridgets@autox.team.net

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive