Re: [Spridgets] Vertical Weber carb for 948 cc engine

To: Maurice Maxwell <maxandreb5@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Vertical Weber carb for 948 cc engine
From: Bill L via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2015 22:38:26 -0700
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Hello Maurice,

     I have a downdraft on my 1275. It is important not to go too big.
     IIRC, a 28/36 is about as big as you want. .. I had mine tuned by
     pros on a dyno. without access to a bunch of jets (expensive) and
     a lot of time (frustrating) they are very hard to set up, but if
     done correctly, you should get ... more power on the top end,
     less power on the bottom.. and decreased fuel economy.. 5% to 10%
     or so.

     My engine is now cold blooded, but once over 160 degrees, it runs
     flawlessly. No off idle stumble and it idles at the same rpm no
     matter the ambient temp, or engine temp...

     After fiddling with SUs for years, I just got tired of it. For
     some it's part of the joy...

     YMMV

--
Best regards,
 Bill L.                           mailto:pythias@pacifier.com

 '66 Sprite MKIII HAN8L49403   "the red thing"

  That's not line noise--my modem's speaking in tongues!

spridgets@autox.team.net

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive