Re: [Spridgets] VIN number issue

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] VIN number issue
From: Martyn Ridley via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 15:24:29 -0400
--===============5248211320152806291==
 boundary="------------000909020300080105060405"

--------------000909020300080105060405

Two things come to mind here.  First, check the number with AHCA's
Sprite registry.  If it turns up you may have a problem.  Second is to
contact the UK and get a heritage certificate for that number.  Neither
are definitive but they will start you in the right direction.

According to Eric Dymock's book, the last 1958 car was #8628 or there
about (they were not always sequential on the line).

Happy Hunting
Martyn

On 3/23/2015 9:30 PM, Bob Spruck via Spridgets wrote:
> On a Bugeye I am interested in, I have discovered an apparent anomaly
> in the year and VIN. The car has no VIN plate but is considered to be
> a 1961 Mk1 and has been registered in two states as such. However, the
> VIN is listed on both registrations as AN5L xxxx. Since they made,
> what, 59,000 Bugeyes and ended in 1961, a car considered a '61 should
> have a five digit number, somewhere approaching 59,000. If the four
> digit number is correct, it should be, I expect, maybe a '59.
>
> Is there any other place that the VIN appears? Or any other way of
> determining the true VIN number or true year of manufacture?
>
> Perhaps I should just leave well enough alone?
>
> Bob Spruck
> Sharpsburg, GA
>
> '72 Midget
> '67 Midget Vintage Racer
> Maybe a '59 or '61 Bugeye
>

> ------------------------
>
> spridgets@autox.team.net
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation: $12.75
>
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/ridleymj@brant.net

--------------000909020300080105060405

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
      check the number with AHCA's Sprite registry.  If it turns up you
      may have a problem.  Second is to contact the UK and get a
      heritage certificate for that number.  Neither are definitive but
      they will start you in the right direction.<br>
      According to Eric Dymock's book, the last 1958 car was #8628 or
      there about (they were not always sequential on the line).  <br>
      Happy Hunting<br>
      Martyn<br>
      On 3/23/2015 9:30 PM, Bob Spruck via Spridgets wrote:<br>
        charset=windows-1252">
          I have discovered an apparent anomaly in the year and VIN. The
          car has no VIN plate but is considered to be a 1961 Mk1 and
          has been registered in two states as such. However, the VIN is
          listed on both registrations as AN5L xxxx. Since they made,
          what, 59,000 Bugeyes and ended in 1961, a car considered a '61
          should have a five digit number, somewhere approaching 59,000.
          If the four digit number is correct, it should be, I expect,
          maybe a '59. <br>
          Is there any other place that the VIN appears? Or any other
          way of determining the true VIN number or true year of
          manufacture?<br>
          Perhaps I should just leave well enough alone?<br>
          Bob Spruck<br>
          Sharpsburg, GA <br>
          '72 Midget<br>
          '67 Midget Vintage Racer<br>
          Maybe a '59 or '61 Bugeye<br>

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:spridgets@autox.team.net";>spridgets@autox.team.net</a>

href="http://www.team.net/archive";>http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.team.net/forums";>http://www.team.net/forums</a>
</pre>

--===============5248211320152806291==--