Re: Grattan and other vintage racing!

To: <team-thicko@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Grattan and other vintage racing!
From: Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 08:49:33 -0500
At 08:12 AM 8/15/2002, Wm. Severin Thompson wrote:
> > pickup because of the tools and parts (hence the breadtruck). My kids will
> > grow up sleeping at the track..and learning to tell racing stories until
> > midnight with mary/lena and me.

This is exactly why I like Hotels.  I spent my childhood camping in a tent
at the track (mom and dad got the van, man).  I also learned to drink beer
there (the keg wasn't very closely guarded in those days).  Makes for great
stories (river through the tent, etc.) but totally cured me of a desire to
sleep on the ground.  I have been known to do an actual camper
occasionally, and my rusty tow van's rear seat folds into a bed - I might
try that a few times (but not in July!).  I do agree that it is fun to go
to bed and wake up at the track, and listening to the other drunks stagger
by in the middle of the night (I lllove yyyou maaannnn - ssshheeees nno
gggooodd ffffor yyyouuu) is hilarious, but a comfy bed with A/C is high on
my list of wants.

I feel bad not putting my daughter through this, but not bad enough to
actually bring a tent.

- Biscuit