Re: Bell Housing

To: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>, Spook37211@aol.com
Subject: Re: Bell Housing
From: Dave McDermott <Dave.McDermott@cusys.edu>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 15:42:21 -0600
        Interesting! The 3 speed front bearing covers I have seen are
machined slightly different than the 4 speed covers on the inside for the
bearing outer ring. The three speeds can be machined to work correctly. Both
the 3 speed and 4 speed 6 bolt covers have the same OD it is just in the
ring grooves machined on the inside and as I recall a
slightlydifferentposition of the seal.