Prince of Darkness and other Ramblings

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Prince of Darkness and other Ramblings
From: James Barrett <jamesbrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 1999 17:48:58 -0400
Folks,
        I have about had it with Lucas.  After 32
years, my signal light indicator bulb broke a filiment.
Had to pull the speedometer to get to it.  Fortunally
I had a 34 year old bulb that worked and was able to
replace the bad bulb.
        While I was at it I added a reverse gear
warning light in the spare hole in the dash.  This is
paralled off of the backup lights.  Really needed this
as the Indy Hurst shifter I now have does not have
a reverse lockout.  A couple of times I have been in
reverse instead of low at the stop light.  This gives the
people behing me a real thrill.  The lamp holder is
Mil Spec.  The bulb is a #47, anyone know if this is
a 12 volt bulb?  It is very bright and could be rated for 6.3
volts considering the age of the equipment I got it from.

        I replaced my bald 235-50-13's with 225-50-15's.
(TOYO VR directional tires).
Used Rinkin 7" wide wheels from a Mustang.  This made the
Tiger much easier to drive with the 3.29 SROD first gear.
The 225's are about 1.09 bigger than the 235's.  The
speedometer is off even more now.
        The Rinkins take tapered lug nuts.  To solve the
problem with 1/2" holes in the wheels and 7/16 studs on
the Tiger, I took 1/2 tubing, threaded it to 7/16-20
and cut it into 3/16" long sleeves.  Screwed the sleeves
all the way on the studs. Used new 7/16 acorn nuts and the
wheel then fit with no slop.

James Barrett Tiger II 351C and others