Squeak No More

Subject: Squeak No More
From: SJC Worldwide <ssage@socal.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 23:35:25 -0800
Hello Listers:
Due to the suggestions from the list on my squeaky throwout bearing, the
apparent herd of mice has gone away. Jiggling the clutch fork by hand
today revealed that the squeaking seemed to be coming from two places:
the outside end of the fork where it is held by that wire clip (I think
the clip itself was vibrating slightly when the clutch pedal was not
depressed) and at the other end inside the bellhousing. I sprayed a bit
of WD 40 on both locations and, after a minute or so, the only sound
noticable is the beautiful rumble of horsepower that we all pay so
muuuuch (purposely mis-spelled) money and time for to hear from our
Tigers. No more continuous, irritating squeaking.

Being the genius mechanic that I am, I don't know if just moving the
clutch fork around by hand a few times itself might have helped to
properly align things and end the squeaks, or a combination of that and
the WD40, but whatever it was, thanks again for the successful ideas.

Steve Sage
1967 MK1A