Re: [Tigers] wheels, tires, & suspension?

To: "R Smith" <max348@comcast.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] wheels, tires, & suspension?
From: "Mike Michels" <mmichels@socal.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 18:00:04 -0700
Rob, I have the 15 inch panasports, with 195/50 15 Dunlops on the front and
205/55 15 in the back. I like the combination, although 14 inch higher
aspect ratio would probably ride a bit better with slightly less steering
effort.

I think you are correct about tire availability being better for 15 than 14.
In addition, this combination on the rear wheels gives about 8 percent
larger rear rolling diameter, and therefore a slight overdrive effect
compared to the stock 13s, something nice if you have a four speed.
America's Tire Company has a very handy plus size calculator on their web
site which will give you the differences in rolling diameter, speedo error
etc for various fitments. Try:
http://www.americastire.com/dtcs/infoTireMath.dos

Good luck.