Re: [Tigers] wheels, tires, & suspension?

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] wheels, tires, & suspension?
From: Sandy Ganz <sganz@pacbell.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 20:01:14 -0700 (PDT)
I was going the same exercise. The 14" tires are only slightly better then the
13". 15 and 16's are better, I think 16's have a bit more selection these
days, but still limited depending on tire (all purpose vs track).

Has anyone
run 205x50x15's on the front and 225x50x15's on the rears with Panasports or
other wheels without flares?

One thing I did was get the sizes that I think
would work and go up to the tire rack and see what brands and styles of tires
are available. You can also see the specs of the tires which give a good
indication of width and circumfrence to allow comparison of the different
tires.

Not sure if the Tirerack has the calculator but a good one that works
is this one, simple standalone and nicely done
http://locost7.info/gearcalc.php

Sandy