Re: [Tigers] wheels, tires, & suspension?

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] wheels, tires, & suspension?
From: "Cullen McCann" <CMcCann@lwpb.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 10:27:46 -0500
Rob...Me too. I missed that you were running an IRS, this really caught
my attention. I have an early Jag IRS sitting on the floor next to my
Tiger, working towards installing it. I've seen it done before but don't
really have any pics of how others have approached it. My Tiger didn't
come with the original drive train, so restoring it or putting it back
all original isn't that important to me. It appears that the jag will
have to be narrowed significantly, which I see done often, but mounting
the assembly, where the logical place for bracing and cross members
should be, etc....is of paramount interest to me as well.

Any info or pics would be greatly appreciated.

Cullen McCann
B382001452 LROFE

Rob:
Missed your first reference--sorry!
So, what's this about the Jag IRS??
My tiger had an E-type IRS installed by the P.O. back in the '70's and
while the car is no longer in my, ahh, stable, I'd thought there were
only about 3 in the country with this setup, so I'm curious about yours.
History?
Info?
Pictures???

Best Regards
David Sosna
Miata owner and lurker

R Smith wrote:
> Thank you everyone for the advice,
>
> I've decided to go with the 15's & am in the process of ordering them
> from Dale's restorations. Right now there's some figuring being done (

> not by me, LOL! ) with regards to the correct back-spacing with the
Jag IRS.