Re: [Tigers] expansion bottle

To: <owain.lloyd@gmail.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] expansion bottle
From: "Smit, Theo" <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 16:34:50 -0700
Some people have done it - it's on my list of things to do.
You set it up just like any modern car... The overflow tube runs into a
bottle so that it ends about 1/2" off the bottom of the bottle. Fill the
bottle with a couple of inches of water or coolant so that the bottom of
the tube is covered. When you drive, air or coolant vapor is expelled
through the hose and bubbles out through the coolant in the overflow
bottle. When the system cools, any shrinkage in the amount of coolant in
the sealed part of the system is made up for by the fluid you put into
the bottle (or by whatever liquid the cooling system expelled in the
first place). No need to have the hose sealed into the bottle.

Theo