Re: [Tigers] Gears and rpms

To: Sandy Ganz <sganz@pacbell.net>, 'Tiger's Den' <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Gears and rpms
From: Gary <maliburevue@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2013 13:07:18 -0700 (PDT)
Sandy,

I spoke to David about that setup. It's the 2.90 first gear
installed in the close ratio gear set. The 2.44 lower first gear helps off the
line, but not as much as the 2.78 or the 2.90 /2.72 combination (2.74).
Ironically the 5 speed has an even wider gear spread than the wide ratio, so
rpm drop between gears is even more difficult for a stockish engine. It's all
a compromise.

Gary