Re: [Tigers] Clear Hooters

To: Thomas Witt <atwittsend@verizon.net> s=q20121106; t=1385151771; bh=EvO41moGIRMQtRDI6sgBbY1+Mj4uSgoqjWjFvkvsyZs=; h=Received:Received:Date:From:To:Message-ID:Subject:MIME-Version: Content-Type; b=XDGVB4AkfM0BU6dv6jg59MmrLKoO1ruGbRZZBCOETAHgWfBeohDoIktPsfRIK6O7E 332eY1Ep+TkhJWbQRs3nKAJXyg+lQH08iXWE2x4VfC+fJaFgGg5FtJhi8gbSIZFCJ7 H/s/vWemSl/5oymBIbkls2nXqq3Nl2YPqueIbgsklUy6kFH4hkGH0/ztTCMz4+fM2D 4ehf6BwfTBseY1x88NCQiP6nLdBshXWQ1R3vVTSOjPP3EyDVVXZlS8UhNBgjFUXCfO StT0EKTGhNZOM7dimhZsFvtUZHAbvfSIPcDAZCxKxDIfcc2vOC42I2qJXWAriJrosg bKhMR4w8CMKgQ==
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Clear Hooters
From: genepadgett@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 20:22:50 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: tigers@autox.team.net
Tom,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this. I agree with everything you have
said. Unless there is/was a federal saftey standard for this sort of thing, as
a practical matter I cannot see much difference either. I like your reasoning
regarding the wider dispersion of the lower frequency horn. It is a theoretical
reason for handing, although at the frequencies involved it may not make much
difference from a practical sense. It also occurred to me that given the RHD
world from which the cars came, they were setup for context, if a distinction
was made at all. As an aside, it would be curious to know if the Alpine owners
have noticed anything meaningful on the placement.

I cannot see this being a concours issue either, although it would be easy
enough to check without a frequency analyzer. The lip of each horn has either a
fairly large "L" or "H" stamped on the front bottom part of the opening and
easily can be seen through the grill opening. Maybe next time I am at a
national event I will make my own little survey.

FWIW, physically, the horns are mirror images of each other with spirals/snail
trumpets that square off at the front.

In any event, I am just moving on.

Thanks again, Gene