Re: [Tigers] Sunbeam Tiger Cost Question

To: Tucker Brown <tncbrown@me.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Sunbeam Tiger Cost Question
From: michael king <michael.s.king@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 11:58:35 +1100
Cc: Tiger Talk List Tiger <tigers@autox.team.net>
Tucker,

i support the advice of the previous respondents. My advice to you is work
out your maximum budget for a car and buy the one with the best possible
body you can within that range. The money to put right metal work easily
outweighs any other cost on these cars. Most all the soft trim, mechanical
and rubbers are available repro or without much effort.

Another thing to consider is what you want from the car..
do you want to have an original car?
An original looking car with some improvements?
Or a modified car?
This will impact on choice. There are a few parts unique to the cars that
if you want an original appearing car you meed to know will costs you
significant $ to replace.. air filter housing, original wooden wheel,
radiator shroud, shifter, header tank all bring good money so if they are
missing them and you want them... bare it in mind.

Last but not least.. get the car checked out.. make sure you are buying
what you expect, if you dont want a rebodied car... get the car checked by
someone who can make sure it is a true tiger or look at cars that are TAC'd
or unrestored.

join the forums... join the clubs.. go to meetings and get to know some
peoepl, they might hear of a car and put you o the right track.

--
Regards

Michael King