Snap-on, Snap-off

To: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Subject: Snap-on, Snap-off
From: Greg Meboe <meboe@wsunix.wsu.edu>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 1995 11:10:45 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: Scions of Stanpart <triumphs@autox.team.net>
On Fri, 2 Jun 1995, Andrew Mace wrote:

> Question: does anyone know (or can anyone speculate as to) why
> Robbins/BEATTCO does NOT install the snaps on, say, later Spitfire tops?

Andy,
        This is a good question.  All the B tops have the snaps
installed, but none of the Spits do. You can even buy B tops with the
header rail installed.
        I wouldn't think that the late spits have snaps placed in a
random fashon, but I suppose it's possible.  I haven't compared two cars
side by side.

                Greg
                            Greg Meboe     meboe@wsunix.wsu.edu
                            Dept. of Mechanical and Materials Engineering
                            Washington State University,  Pullman, Wa.
                            '85 XJ-12 H.E. (daily)  '67 Spit-6 '74 TR-6