Re: Trip To England

To: Scions of Stanpart <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Trip To England
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 1995 14:35:07 -0900 (PDT)

On Mon, 5 Jun 1995 SnyderLE@aol.com wrote:

> I just returned from a whirlwind trip of England and Germany. After reading
> some of the trip reports from other members of the SOL list, I didn't expect
> to see much, car-wise. But I was proven wrong!
>[...]
> 9. Went to the British Motoring Museum in Beaulieau. Lots of nice cars, but
> short on the Triumph side. Only two Triumphs were a TR2 and a Herald.

Larry, aren't they really the only two Triumphs that count? ;-)
Seriously, not as bad a choice as one might think. The TR2 more or less
"made" Triumph in the postwar era sports car world, and the mighty
Herald was the basis of the small sports cars as well as in itself the most
produced (?) model of Triumph ever.

How were some of the other marques represented?

Andy Mace