RE: Trip To England

To: SnyderLE@aol.com
Subject: RE: Trip To England
From: dan parslow <DJP@ALPHA.SUNQUEST.COM>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 1995 12:15:33 -0700 (MST)
Cc: TRIUMPHS@AUTOX.TEAM.NET
SnyderLE@aol.com writes:

> 7. I saw two Lotus Super Sevens. One was in Wales, near Portmeirion, where
> The Prisoner (along with No. 6's Lotus Seven - KAR120C) was filmed.

One of the two Lotus Sevens used in the series (no Super in the
original name) is stored at a silly "Cars of the Stars" museum in
Keswick, Cumbria, not all that far from North Wales.   BTW, the
Caterham company has aquired the right to the KAR120C plate.

While in Portmeirion did you visit the Prisoner Shop?  They sell
some really neat things there, including a beautiful poster
advertising the "Prisoner Edition" Super Seven, shot in
Portmeirion and staged with an authentic "Village" scene
including pennyfarthing bike, strollers-by with rainbow cloaks,
and of course....Rover hovering menacingly in the background.

Fabulous poster.

Sounds like a great trip!  I'm surprised you didn't mention
seeing Stags, easily the most common Triumph I've seen over
there.