Leaf Blower

To: pjb@eagle.gsh.jhu.edu
Subject: Leaf Blower
From: gt8610a@prism.gatech.edu (Thomas Augustus Kimberly)
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 1995 17:11:15 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
This is vaguely a follow up on my Wow!! post of a while back.  (The cause
of which has now worn off and I am more or less back to more conventional
stuff... like finding a place to rebuild my TR6's rear hubs.)

Last weekend after too much hockey and too much beer my TR6 owning friend
and I went into his basement to play table tennis.  (Sad eh?)  That took
about twenty seconds to get boring when I spotted the electric leaf blower
hanging on the wall and pondered whether or not a leaf blower mechanism
w/o the motor could be run off of a pulley in the engine bay and used as a
low boost supercharger.  As I said this was after too much beer to even
think about touching a car.

Point being,  how much air pressure/volume/whatever does the average
supercharger or turbosupercharger spit out?  As compared to a leaf blower? :)
What class would a Black & Decker stick you in SCCA?  VTR?

                        -tak
        its finals week damnit and i refuse to have
        any coherent thoughts whatsover so there!!!