Re: TR6 ZS needle adjustment

To: pjb@eagle.gsh.jhu.edu
Subject: Re: TR6 ZS needle adjustment
From: "Randell Jesup" <jesup@scala.scala.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 95 16:22:30 EDT
>Unfortunately I seem unable to do anything about it. Turning the needle
>adjustment using the allen-wrench carb adjusting tool seems to do nothing
>for me. In fact, I pulled the piston out of one of the carbs and tried
>turning the wrench and watching the needle - it doesn't seem to move in or
>out relative to the piston. Am I misunderstanding something?

        Dunno.  However, if it's just an idle lean (i.e. the standard air
leaks around the throttle shafts), you may be able to fix it with the idle
air bleed screws, near the temp. compensators.  I strongly advise getting the
Haynes Z-S manual - it has much more detail about the carbs and the various
versions of them.  I advise keeping careful count of the amount you change
them, in case you decide to put them back the way they were.

        I can't help with the mixture adjustment via the needle - my car
('70) is from that wonderful time with no jet adjustment AND no needle
adjustment.  Don't you just love it?
--
Randell Jesup, Scala US R&D
Randell.Jesup@scala.com