Re: TR6 Brakes

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 Brakes
From: TinyHost@aol.com
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 1995 10:54:02 -0400
Mike:

>I can't believe that a "mechanic" botched something as easy as
>bleeding one's brakes!

As I've mentioned, I was wrong. They didn't botch the brake bleeding - at
least, I don't *think* they did. I found that the master cylinder is leaking.
I suspect they flushed out all of the sludge that was keeping the master
cylinder together. <sigh> The PO did mention that the car sat for a year or
so, and that's probably when/why all of the hydraulic seals started going.

>What does "TinyHost" mean?

TinyHost is a shareware program I've had out for a couple of years. It's a
host program for a PC that can double as a poor-man's BBS.

>Where are you located?

Slightly south-east of Rochester in a small town called Farmington. If you're
not familiar with NY state we're at the west end of the state, almost to
Buffalo. Almost far enough away from NY city to suit me...

>I own a 1959 TR-3-A in pretty good shape

I always liked the TR3's, especially since Jimmy Clark (my childhood here
from Formula 1) used to race them quite a bit. I can't quite explain why my
lust for a TR6 overcame my lust for a TR3. No complaints, though!

        Bruce Krobusek
        Rochester   NY
       tinyhost@aol.com
          '83 R80RT