Speedo needle sticks

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Speedo needle sticks
From: TR4guyinVA@aol.com
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 1995 13:53:29 -0400
I know there was a big long thread a while back about speedometers and such,
but I wasn't paying attention.

I've got a speedometer whose needle just barely hangs up on it's way back to
zero from highway speeds.

Can I use powdered graphite in there somewhere, or is that a bad idea?

Furthermore, I'd like to figure out how accurate my speedos are.  Does anyone
know how to figure out what a TR-4 speedo should read given an input
rotational speed of 1000 rpm  (or whatever)?

Thanks in advance

Scott Tilton
In Richmond VA
Hoping to do a little better in the next TSD rallye.