Re: Triumph and MG colours (colors)

To: TRIUMPHS@AUTOX.TEAM.NET
Subject: Re: Triumph and MG colours (colors)
From: dan parslow <DJP@ALPHA.SUNQUEST.COM>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 1995 9:19:31 -0700 (MST)
When I had Tessa painted I was woefully ignerunt about paint, but
I knew enough to ask the paint guy to crossreference Triumph #16.

To my bemusement he didn't go that way, but found a clean section
of original paint on the inner bulkhead and had it matched.  To
my eye it doesn't look quite like original Wedgwood #16, it's a
wee bit too bright and pastel.

I've since learned that this is a common defect in computer matching of
colours, so caveat emptor.  Always try to find the correct formula,
there are still a lot of old paint books out there that will crossref
Triumph colours to DuPont, etc. formulas.

djp@alpha.sunquest.com