Re: Sagging Spitfire

To: luchette@apple.com
Subject: Re: Sagging Spitfire
From: Silikal@aol.com
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 1995 14:57:38 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Thu, 15 Jun 1995 luchette@apple.com wrote:
> Help, my spitfire is sagging and it can't get up. The car was sagging badly
> on the drivers side, causing some severe camber so I replaced the rear
> spring and this did bring the car up some but it still sit's lower on the
> drivers side.
>
> The shocks look fine, the front end of the car looks level. What's wrong
> and can this be fixed?

You don't have a sway bar on the rear, do you?  If someone has added one,
it can tilt the car if the bushings clamps are tightened while the car is up
on jacks.  Same is true of a front bar.  Try loosening the mounting clamps
and retightening while the car is on the ground.

Dave Williamson (silikal@aol.com)  Spits in bits