Mag wheels

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Mag wheels
From: "Richard Jackson - Network Technician ext. 2570"<RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 1995 09:57:59 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk
Hello all,

Over the weekend, a friend of mine bought what looked like a set of 4 wheels
that are identical to the wheels as used by the Le Mans Spitfires.  Basically,
what I'd like to know is this, were these wheels available as an aftermarket
accessory, or were they specifically made for the Le Man Spitfires.  If they
were available as an accessory, then how rare are they(hard to define really),
I believe they are rare as the Triumph Sports Six Club has two such wheels and
cannot make a full set.
And if they were only available to the racing team, then how much are they
worth.
Also, the wheels have recieved various coats of paint over the years(including
hammerite, Dulux, etc), So would it be possible to use a chemical paint
stripper to clean them up, or would this knacker the wheels.

Thanks

Rich
Northampton,
England.