early tr4 brake master cylinder

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: early tr4 brake master cylinder
From: "Jerry McDonald" <mjm@art.ca.boeing.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 1995 13:02:18 -0700
It appears that I need to rebuild the master cylinder on my 4 and I've run into
a problem. I know some will advise buying a new M/C but I can't afford it right
now and with all 4 brakes locked up it appears I have no choice but to rebuild
if I want to drive. My car is CT1272L. According to the Moss catalog cars up to
CT5783 had a M/C with a .75 inch bore, all 4's after that had a .7 inch bore.
When I called TRF to ask about a rebuild kit the person I spoke to insisted
there was only one size available. Who's right?

Jerry McDonald: mjm@bobo.ca.boeing.com     1961 TR4 CT1272L
Phone: 206-544-8159  Fax: 206-544-9608     1977 Honda Civic CVCC

        "pleease God let one of them start"