RE: TR6 Vacumn Advance etc.

To: paisley@boulder.nist.gov
Subject: RE: TR6 Vacumn Advance etc.
From: "Randell Jesup" <jesup@scala.scala.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 95 15:58:26 EDT
> > > But why would a vacuum retard reduce performance?
> >
> > It slows throttle response.
>
>I guess I could see this, since advance weight with springs would be
>much quicker to respond than a loss of vacuum.

        Advance weights have no effect on throttle response, as the
RPM doesn't change when you open the throttle.  Vacuum retard WILL affect
throttle response, as the retard unit isn't instantaneous in releasing it's
retard.

        Vacuum advance units improve part-throttle operation, according to
my understanding.
--
Randell Jesup, Scala US R&D, Ex-Commodore-Amiga Engineer class of '94
Randell.Jesup@scala.com