Re: early tr4 brake master cylinder

To: mjm@art.ca.boeing.com ("Jerry McDonald")
Subject: Re: early tr4 brake master cylinder
From: britcars@hpfckjs.fc.hp.com
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 95 13:43:43 MDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Mailer: Elm [revision: 70.85]
No one knows for sure not even Triumph if they were still around.  Often
Triumph used parts that were on hand when building up a car.  Moss is
probably basing thier statment from the origonal parts catalog. (which
is usually wrong.)  TRF is probably basing thier statment on the fact
that most TR4's have the .7" bore.  The best thing to do is to check
yours.  the bore size is usually cast right into the side or you can
have a machine shop measure it.  You should be able to buy a rebuild kit
for a girling M/C of bore size .XY by calling either Moss or TRF and
asking for it by size not car type.

--

Kevin Spooner
The Sports Works of Greeley