spline lubrication

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: spline lubrication
From: Keith.Bennett@bbc.co.uk (Keith Bennett)
Date: 23 Jun 95 21:31:58 EDT
Fellow Scions of Lubrication,
                              I'm in the process of overhauling a pair of
rear drive shafts to go on my 4A, and I've got to the section in the
manual that covers assembly of sliding joint. It says to coat the splines
with 'ROCOL MOLYTONE 320' or 'Duckhams Q5648'.
     Does anyone if either of these are available or if there is a good
modern equivalent on the market? Is this grease significantly different
from ordinary LM grease that goes in wheel bearings etc.?

Many Thanks,

Keith Bennett

CTC57462 O, GA225787CV & GD1409RS