Re: Core plugs

To: "S Garrod" <S.Garrod@sheffield.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: Core plugs
From: "Scott St. Clair" <scott_st_clair@c-cube.com>
Date: 28 Jun 1995 07:55:13 -0800
Cc: "triumphs list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
        Reply to:   RE>Core plugs

It is necessary to remove the front timing cover, timing chain and gears, and
the timing cover mounting plate to gain access to the freeze plug that is
leaking. In other words, a lot of work, but it can be done in situ.

However, you should assume that all of the freeze plugs are in similar shape
at this point, including a pair at the back of the head, which cannot be
changed out with the head on the engine. So you can roll the dice and hope
that the others aren't in as advanced a state of decay, or plan to replace
all of the plugs, a task comparable to a rebuild (once u have the manifolds,
head and timing gear off, there's not much more to go).

All the plugs on my TR250 began weeping at once, and that's what I ended up
doing.

Scott St. Clair