Core plugs

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Core plugs
From: S Garrod <S.Garrod@sheffield.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 1995 11:35:46 +0100 (BST)
Has anyone relaced the front core plugs on a 1300 engine.
The water in my engine is flowing out of a small hole in the front of the
block at the top left of the timing chain cover (and partially obscured
by it). I must admit to not knowing what is going on but a look at an
exploded diagram of the engine seems to indicate that this is the
position of a core plug. Can this be replaced in situ. Can it be sealed
in some way?

Thanks.

Simon Garrod - 79 Spitfire (with mk4 engine)