TR6 Q: bad u-joints?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 Q: bad u-joints?
From: "Jeff Wagner" <JWAGNER@jmail.umd.edu>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 1995 11:48:59 EST
My TR6 resuscitation project has been going along well enough that
I've been able to drive the 4 miles to work and back for several
weeks with only a dozen or so breakdowns-- pretty reliable, I'd say.

Once I got the old Monza exhaust with quarter-sized holes replaced
with a Falcon stainless system, I could actually hear the squeaks
coming from the rear of the car whenever I engaged or disengaged the
clutch while driving.  Then today something in the rear started
knocking whenever I was on the throttle.  I limped home and parked
the car.  Am I seeing the signs of U-joint failure, or is there
something else going on there?

Jeff
Jeff Wagner                   internet:  jw3@umail.umd.edu
Chief Engineer, Nonprint Media        phone:  301-405-9230
4208 Hornbake Library
University of Maryland
College Park, MD  20742-7011