Re: RE:strange engine number<8F8F6E380103370C@-SMF-.nene.ac.uk>

To: Keith.Bennett@bbc.co.uk
Subject: Re: RE:strange engine number<8F8F6E380103370C@-SMF-.nene.ac.uk>
From: "Richard Jackson - Network Technician ext. 2570"<RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 1995 09:49:16 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk
Keith,

Firstly, I liked the ascii art,

Secondly, a friend who has been to John Kippings house says that among the
piles of chassis, engines, g/boxes and O/D's he has several of these 4WD
gearboxes, weather he intends to sell them I don't know, but they would make an
interesting project if he would.  Not the first 4WD road going saloon by any
means (stand up the Jensen FF) but definately one to beat the Audi Quattro :-)

>The fact that the mainshaft appears at the rear of the transmission
>casing enabled Triumph to produce a 4 wheel drive rally car back in 1968,
>by fitting a prop shaft and rear wheel drive back axle onto a highly
>modified 1300.

Rich