Re: "Design" Contest Results To Date

To: "Bruce T. Clough" <cloughbt@batman.flight.wpafb.af.mil>
Subject: Re: "Design" Contest Results To Date
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 1995 10:03:17 -0800 (PST)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Thu, 2 Nov 1995, Bruce T. Clough wrote:

> Yes, it's that moment you've been waiting for...
>
> In first place, it's TR4/4A Fan Belt Replacement...
>
> Second place...removing/adjusting the TR7 distributor...
>
> Bringing up the rear in third is ever-so-popular Herald differential
> oil change...
>
> Honorable mentions go out to TR7 head studs, TR6 oil filters,
> early TR clutch fork pins, and Sptifire thrust washers among many.
>
> [woes over starter on your Nissan Stanza deleted]

Change a thermostat on a Ford Explorer sometime, or replace the water
pump on a circa 1976 fuel-injected Saab 99. I know of VERY few
Triumph-related jobs that can compare. (Yes, I know the 99 Saab's 2.0L
engine is Triumph-derived, but for some time, Saab took many of the bad
features and made them worse!)

Andy "Volvos were much more nearly proper British/Swedish cars" Mace