Re: "Design" Contest Results To Date

To: cloughbt@batman.flight.wpafb.af.mil (Bruce T. Clough)
Subject: Re: "Design" Contest Results To Date
From: britcars@hpfckjs.fc.hp.com
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 95 12:19:29 MST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Mailer: Elm [revision: 70.85]

> In first place, it's TR4/4A Fan Belt Replacement - Try and get that thick
>belt
> past the steering rack and fan!  I give blood every time I have to do this.

This is quite simple.  You have to unbolt the engine mount and lift it
slightly with a floor jack.

> Second place is held by the one that started it all: removing/adjusting the
> TR7 distributor.  I haven't adjusted ours yet, but I'm saving Jack Daniels
>and
> asprin for the attempt which will come oh-so-soon.

Not fair to blaim Triumph engineers for this one.  They didn;t design
the engine.  They were only stupid enough to use it.

Don't know if this was entered but it should have been if it wasn't.
Changing the Roto-flex couplings on the GT6.

--

Kevin Spooner
The Sports Works of Greeley

britcars@hpfckjs.fc.hp.com