RE: Carb dashpots

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Carb dashpots
From: "Brent Martin" <b_martin@lifesci.lscf.ucsb.edu>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 1995 15:27:03 -0700 (PDT)
> <<about a 1/4" gap from the threads to the top of the carb piston housing.

> That is the correct fill level as stated in my TR-6 Bentley, Autobook and
> Haynes shop manuals.

I'm clearly not the person to be an expert but I've noticed this same
"discrepancy". My feeling has been that I feel resistance on my Spit '77
plunger thing at about 1/4" from the threads regardless of how much oil is
in it. Don't you think?    So I go by "fill to 1/4" of the top" rule.

Which brings up another question: on these late model ZS carbs with the
adjustable needle - how do you fix an oil leak? Mine dribbles out the oil
and my books don't say how you get it apart to fix the seal.

Thanks, brent