Re: TR6 clutch <951106113645_81448371@emout06.mail.aol.com>

To: CTDreher@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR6 clutch <951106113645_81448371@emout06.mail.aol.com>
From: Berry Kercheval <kerch@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 1995 10:18:29 PST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, kerch@parc.xerox.com
>>>CTDreher@aol.com said:
 >  The slave cylinder (on the clutch accuator) CANNOT be bled IN
 > POSITION!  When bolted to the car, the bleed nipple ends up at the bottom of
 > the cylinder.

Hm.  I rememeber THIS problem from when I rebuilt the clutch slave cylinder in
Sybil a while ago (it died in Charlie Rockwell's driveway! Oh the
embarassment.  I die...)

Anyway, What I recall was that the cylinder can be bolted onto the flange
(bracket, slave cylinder mounting, P/N 136353) in two ways: one with the bleed
nipple on top, and the other, rotated 180 degrees, with the nipple on the
bottom.

Undo your slave cylinder bolts, rotate it 180 degrees, rebolt it and it will
bleed easily.

Also be aware that you can bolt the thing on the FRONT of the bracket or the
REAR of the bracket.  THis will obviously affect the effective travel of the
push rod assembly by the thickness of the bracket plus the thickness of the
slave cylinder mounting ears.

I *think* the cylinder ears should go on the FRONT (towards the front of the
car) of the bracket; That's the way Sybil is assembled and she seems to work
fine.  DON'T ferlucassake assume the DPO put it together right.  I've found it
safe to assume NOTHING is assembled right unless I did it.  (and even then...)

  --berry

Berry Kercheval :: Xerox Palo Alto Research Center